Makes 3 cups
5 ounces (142 g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
2 tablespoons (30 g) unsalted butter, diced
2 tablespoons (30 ml) hot coffee
1-1/2 cups (360 ml) heavy cream
2 tablespoons (16 g) powder sugar
1) Combine chocolate, butter and coffee in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not simmering water, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool.
2) When chocolate mixture is cool, place cream and sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
3) Select Variable 1
4) Switch machine to Start and slowly increase speed to Variable 8
5) Blend for 20 to 25 seconds or until firmly whipped
6) Scrap mixture into bowl atop cooled chocolate; fold in cream just until incorporated and serve immediately or pour into serving cups and refrigerate for several hours before serving.