YIELD: ABOUT 3 CUPS
4 Cups (590 g) Unsalted, (Or Salted If Preferred) Roasted Sunflower Seed kernels
(1) Place sunflower seed kernels into the Vitamix container and secure lid
(2) Select Variable Speed 1
(3) Switch machine to Start and slowly increase speed to Variable 10 (or HIGH for 5200 series)
(4) Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades
(5) In approximately 1.5 minutes you will hear a high-pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, reduce speed to Variable 7
(6) Blend for an additional 30 seconds or until completely smooth
(7) Store in an airtight container under refrigeration for up to a week. It can also be frozen for longer storage
After blending is complete, add 1/2 cup of semi-sweet (of your favorite chocolate) chocolate chips to your sunflower seed butter. Blend on Variable 10 (or HIGH for 5200 series) for an additional 40 seconds.
Makes a perfect substitute for Nutella.